NRI provides research and consultancy services to agencies and
clients in the following areas:
- Mathematical model simulation to study different problems related to river engineering and dam constructions.
- National projects studies and evaluation, especially their technical, economic, environment, and social impacts.
- Erosion and sedimentation processes and mitigation measures in rivers and reservoirs.
- Design of navigation waterway and its environmental impact on river morphology.
- Hydraulic and hydrological changes downstream dams and hydraulic structures.
- Hydrographic survey using the most modern techniques, Integrated Hydrographic Survey System (DGPS, Multi Beam Echousonder, Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler, Total station, and bed Sediment and water samplers).
- Map productions indicating any interval.
- Hydropower Impact on Morphology and Hydrology for Nile River.
- Test of performance of Hydropower station on Nile River.
- GIS and remote sensing applications in different field.
- Water quality related problems.
- Capacity building through giving and preparing technical training courses for Civil Engineers and technicians from Egypt, African and Arab countries.
- Organizing Conferences and Symposiums.
- Countor Maps.
3- water Quality Data.
Sediment in Lake Nasser.